Monday, August 3, 2009

True Friend

by: Samantha Nicole Delfin

Every single person in the world has a true friend. It could be their husband, wife, offspring or relative. Some haven’t found it yet or didn’t realize that they have already found it. Others don’t believe. While some do. But there is a true friend for everybody, He is called God.

I have lots of friends, but none of them are true friends. I treat them as close friends or just friends, but never true friends because already have true friends which I cannot replace. The first one is God because He gave me my life and He helps me every day. Second is my family because they are always there for me through ups and downs. And my last true friend is my cousin. I don’t know why but she is very special to me.

My cousin lives in Cagayan de Oro City, my hometown. We’ve been together since we were wearing diapers. I remember when we were still kids, I used to make her cry when she visits. Then my mom would scold me and said that my cousin will never visit again. Then I would cry. The next day, she will come over again and I will apologize. Then after a few moments, she would cry again, and it’s the same old story all over again.

As I remember those days, it makes me happy thinking despite how many times I make her cry, she still comes back and plays with me. Sometimes we argue, but after a few minutes, we’ll be talking again as if nothing happened.

Our relationship became stronger when her mother went to Qatar to work as an OFW. My cousin felt so alone that she doesn’t talk or laugh. That was a challenge to me seeing my cousin like that so me and my mom decided to let her come over in our house every day. So she did, and it was 3 years of fun and full of happy moments for both of us. When we were together, we realized that we have a lot in common, from food to boy bands.

March 2008, I graduated in elementary. When I came to the stage, I was so happy because she was with me. We took pictures together with smiling faces. Then she gave me a graduation gift a book, not just a book, but my favorite book. It was an Anime Manga called “Code Name Charmer”. I always wanted that book but it was too expensive for me. But when she gave it, I can’t stop thanking her.

She was with me when I was sad and depressed during my first high school days. When I’m happy or sad, she was there for me, to cry and to laugh out loud with.

February 28, 2009, I left my cousin because me and my family are moving to Malaybalay City because of my personal health. Leaving her behind was not easy. When I was about to leave, she didn’t cry, and I didn’t also. But I hugged her tight and said goodbye with a joke “update me”. She simply smiled and replied “ok”.

Now we are still communicating. We texted each other day and night. Even if we are miles apart, our relationship is still the same, if not stronger.

I love my true friend very much. Maybe that’s the reason why she is more than special to me.


*Uncle's note

here is something that she wrote for her cousin Kaye... left photo, inseparable kaye and sam during good times...

3 comments:

  1. samy my dear as i read ur blog its lyk my heart was being crashed... i just want you to know dat i am praying for you and dats d best thing for me to do...i rili beliv in the power of prayers...Our God is greater than our hurts, pains and troubles in life. kip d faith. i love you very much. i am just a txt away...i miss our short coversations..hehehe am luking 4ward for a longer conversations after your successful operation..God will take care of you. muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brides maid sam.....get well soon...am luking 4ward seeing you walking down the aisle on december 26, 2009...GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE US NOR FORSAKE US....tek care...luv you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sam its mommy haide.thank u for taking care of my baby when i was away.maybe it was GOD's will that my visa didn't arrived yet because its my time to pay u for all the good things and being there for kaye.i love u so much and ur daddy remus and cousin kaye will always be there for u.

    ReplyDelete