Greetings to the readers.
This blog is not about me and not for me. This blog is about my niece and for my niece. Her name is Samantha Nicole Delfin. She is about 13 years old (+1-2 years; I don’t keep track of their ages, J), and a 1st year high school student. She tops her class (probably got her brains from me, hehe), she is vibrant, bubbly and most of all spirited. She once told me she wants to be a scientist too (like her uncle of course). But something in the horizon is changing everything.
This cloud looming in her horizon is so dark that it is obscuring her future. It is shrouding all that she hopes for; her dreams, plans, and ambitions. But despite this dark cloud, she is still optimistic about life. That life is worth living to the fullest and even in her darkest hour, everything is still according to God’s will. There is nothing I can do for her but to listen. Listen and spread out her optimism to the world.
This page here is my way of giving her the chance to speak her heart out to the world. All letters, essays, artworks, and stuffs posted came directly from her (except when otherwise specified) but some minor editing were done. English translations posted are from me. Any comments that you would like to put, as much as possible please address to her so I can give her some weekly updates of her page. Perhaps some inspiring comments from readers and fellow bloggers, friends, relatives, and even strangers can help increase her optimism. I am not a religious person myself, but for her, perhaps including her in your prayers will help.
Thank you for visiting this page.
The Uncle
Photo 1. Sam (in the middle) with her cousins, Kaye and TJ; Photo 2: Sam with her family: Papa Kim, Mama Lo, younger siblings Yuri (pogi pose) and Yuan (partially covered by Yuri)
Hello Sam, we don't know each other yet but I am thankful for this opportunity to have been invited to read your blogs. We have someone in common, your uncle who listens to you so dearly.
ReplyDeleteLet me share with you some quotes that I consider powerful.
1. A life without purpose is a life without meaning. A life without meaning is a life without hope.'' - Nick Vujicic: No Limbs, No Worries, No Limits
2. "True courage is not about being fearless; it's about overcoming fear, going ahead with something worthwhile even though you're terrified."
3. In spite of the trials of today, God is in control. Take heart in knowing He cares, He sees, and He is always on time!
Scripture: The Lord will reign forever and ever." Exodus 15:18 (NIV)
I will include you in my prayers and I have also invited friends to your blog. Knowing them I know they will also pray for you.
God bless you abundantly Sam. Continue to be a blessing and inspiration to others.
Life is beautiful,
Bing